Certificates of existence

fr en

If you live abroad

Every year, the French fund that pays your pension sends you a certificate of existence to be completed, without which your pension ceases to be paid.

You must have this document completed by the French consulate or the competent local authorities of your State of residence (town hall or other service) and send it to your French pension fund

If you use the online service, a help and support module is at your disposal. You can access it without logging into your account, by clicking here: https://aide.info-retraite.fr/mce.

A telephone helpline operated by the National Old Age Insurance Fund (“Caisse nationale d'assurance vieillesse”/ Cnav) is available to answer any questions relating to the life certificate.
It can be reached Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on 09 74 75 76 99 (From abroad: + 33 9 74 75 76 99)

If you have not received the life certificate to be completed and receive a pension under the general scheme, you can download a blank copy to be completed by the competent local authority and send to the fund that pays you your basic pension (online via your personal account, or by post).